This electric fencing line tester could not be simpler to use. Push the earth prong into the ground and then touch the tester wire to the fencing tape. The bulb will light up to indicate the fence is `live’. Unit also has a test button. Size 85mm x 20mm.
- Simple and easy to use
- Earth prong
- `Live’ indicator bulb
- Test button
Here are the Top Ten rules to make your electric fence work properly!
- Keep your fence as free from growth as possible – Growth impairs the output of every commercial appliance and results in increased power consumption, especially with battery-driven appliances.
- Make sure that the earthing is optimal.
- Do not connect two conductive plastic wires by tying them – Use special conductors.
- Fence wire/tape/rope must not be broken.
- Use conductive material having the best possible conductivity – i.e. Low resistance.
- Keep fence wire and earthing rod free from rust – Rust is an insulator.
- Weather-beaten or nagged insulators are unsuitable – Causes a high loss of output.
- Ensure connection between the energiser and wire is optimal – Use cable resistant to high voltage for underground feeds.
- With battery-driven energisers, check battery condition regularly.
- Ensure that each point of the fence is live using an electric fence tester.